The topical segregation of penguins of genus Pygoscelis and antarctic shags (Phalarocorax bransfieldensis)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
The penguin fauna succession is studied from the western part of Graham Land. Due to climatic changes (warming up) the distribution of Gentoo penguins is observed and decreasing of area for Adelie penguins is indicated too. Gentoo penguins began to make nests on the territory of Adelie penguins, which show signs of stenobiontness.
- Gozhyk, P. F., Greku, P. Kh., Usenko, V. P., Vernyhorov, V. P., Greku, T. P., Ostretsov, G. A., Gonchar, A. I., Klochan, Yu. A., Mots, V. N. (2002). Karta reliefa dna mielkovodnoi zony arkhipelaga Argentinskikh ostrovov v raione Ukrainskoi antarkticheskoi stantsii "Akademik Vernadskii" [The map of the bottom relief of the shallows of the Argentine Islands archipelago in the region of the Ukrainian Antarctic Stantion “Akademik Vernadsky”]. Geologicheskii Zhurnal, 1, 128-131. (in Russian)
- Peklo, A. M. (2007). The Birds of Argentine Islands and Petermann Island. Kryvyy Rih Mineral Publishers. (in Russian)
- Popov, L. A. (1978). God v Antarktike [A year in Antarctica]. М.: Nauka. (in Russian)
- Shylov, I. A. (1998). Ekologia [Ecology]. M.: Vysshaya shkola. (in Russian)
- Oceanites: Counting Penguins / Antarctic Site Inventory / 2009 @ Lindblad Expeditions